Firstly, I hope to find you all in good health. It is a crucial time for all of us, but if we stay united and keep fighting the battle against Coronavirus as bravely as we are, it will soon be all over.
We all need to stay safe and indoors. But we don't want our children to sit idle and miss out on the integral education that would otherwise be imparted in school.
We are Saffron Public School, established in the year 2000, a pioneer in the field of education in Phagwara, Punjab. Me and my great team of teachers, have taken our classes, lessons and study schedules online and to the next level by employing user-friendly methods and start with the Online Education System. It is very important to keep our children busy, especially in studies, so that they don't lag when the schools re-open.
It is for the betterment of our children only and it is our prime duty to keep our children educated in all aspects. In today's crisis of COVID-19, we have successfully launched our Online Study Program which is getting good feedback from all parents and students.
Currently, we are also promoting our teachers, students and their parents to indulge in a myriad of extra-curricular activities besides academics to keep them busy and to get the best of them, thus giving them an opportunity to showcase their talents and skills.
We have conducted various competitions like cooking contest, SUPW skills, best traditionally dressed on Baisakhi, painting and drawing and many more. We plan to launch other activities like dancing, singing, yoga, aerobics and much more.
Our suggestion to the education industry in India is:
• Having LIVE Online sessions with teachers and other students using technology.
• Sharing Videos and New Lessons framed by teachers with our students.
• Rigorously conducting online competitions and activities based on recreational and extra- curricular activities.
• Taking care of the mental health of each student by offering them one to one counselling sessions by our experts.
• Arranging for webinars and training sessions for our teachers and upgrading their technological skills and research
• Arranging for Online sessions and additional webinars for our students to enhance their learning ad pedagogy.
• Involving parents in imparting value based and academic knowledge to their children and felicitating them with basic modules.
This way, along with imparting valuable lessons on their academic curriculum, we are also encouraging our students, their families and even our teachers to forget about their lockdown period and involve themselves in activities that will motivate them and keep them optimistic.
Dr.. Sandeepa Sood
Principal, Saffron Public School